Sunday, August 3, 2008

Still no truck

It's August 3rd and still no moving truck. If you could see our faces at this point we're totally disgusted with Frontier Van Lines and would never recommend them to anyone moving anywhere. I was reading the quote they sent me and at the bottom it says, "I know you'll be satisfied with our service." Well...I'm not! Who knows when we'll get the rest of our stuff, but Maia and I are tired of living off of a few outfits. I had to buy Evan shorts today for football camp that starts tomorrow. Who knew we wouldn't have his (or any of our stuff) by now! Frustrating does not even describe how we feel. Jeff said although it's frustrating at least we're together...

Today I went to pick up Evan from his week with Mike in San Marcos. I took a different route from last time. This was a little more scenic, but just as fast (still a three hour trip.) I saw a couple of dead armadillos on the road (although in general you don't see a whole lot of road kill here) and as I was driving I thought, "only in Texas can you see cactus growing on the side of the road." The trip was on the whole uneventful. My car thermometer was reading 103 when I picked Evan up, however as we neared Houston the sky got dark and I had to drive through some torrential rain during the last 10 miles of the trip!

Needless to say Evan is very glad to be home. Mike and his now wife Abbey (they got married by a JP this week) live in a small border town. Evan said everyone is bilingual (well Mike isn't really), all the TV stations were in Spanish and he watched a ton of movies and played PS3 with now his stepbrother Julio who is 16.


Tomorrow Evan starts freshmen football camp. We'll see how it goes - we'll be out the door early at 7:40 to get him there by 8!

Hasta la vista!

No comments: