Thursday, August 14, 2008

At Last!

Almost a month to the day I put our belongings on the truck - we got it today! :) Well most of it. My piano bench seems not to have made it, Jeff's table was nicked, and the blankets they wrapped our dresser in was greasy and made a mark on our carpet that thankfully came off!

Eli is sick at the moment. Poor little guy. It started Tuesday evening, then I noticed sores in his mouth so I took him to an emergency care clinic since we haven't established a pediatrician here. Eli has decided he doesn't like doctors and screamed bloody murder just while the nurse was asking me questions, then he really freaked out when the doctor came. It took two nurses and me to hold him down just so the doctor could look into his throat. So he was diagnosed with Herpangina which unfortunately is a virus and can't be treated. He prescribed some "Magic Mouthwash" which is Benadryl, Maalox and something else, but Eli isn't about to use it. We got him to once. So basically we're just controlling his pain by rotating Tylenol and Motrin. What it does is you get sores (like canker or cold sores) on your tongue, throat, etc. It's very painful and you can't eat. The doctor said kids are susceptible to it. I'm taking him to a pediatrician down the road tomorrow morning at 10, so wish me luck!

My friend Tracey and her husband Michael left today for China to adopt their little girl Sophie Cai. I can't wait to meet her some day! I can't imagine leaving one day a parent of one child and return parents of two!

I think I'm going to register Eli and me for the Mom and Me class where Maia is taking gymnastics. It will be an opportunity for us to get out and clearly a lot cheaper than doing a Mom's Day Out program which runs anywhere from $85 - $240 a month at churches and Montessori schools around here.

Needless to say we are all happy to have our belongings. Maia had fun riding her scooter up and down the road and Eli pepped up enough to ride his tricycle up and down the sidewalk. My friend Beth wrote and said she's been obsessed with the Olympics. I have to admit - I am too! :)

No comments: