For all of the hoo ha that was made about Tropical Storm/Hurricane Edouard, it didn't bring much more than a morning and part of the afternoon of rain. Some of it was strong, but at least where we live there wasn't a whole lot of wind. They did close down Jeff's work early so he was home by 11:30 as I was on my way home with the kids from Evan's football camp.
Maia went to her first gymnastics class at the Cypress Academy. They initially put people in the beginner class (Sparklers) and determine where they fit in. Clearly Maia was WAY better than the other little girls in the class. They did basic skills on the floor, vault, beam and uneven bars. Her instructor for the day, Billy said she belonged in the Firecracker group, and so she is officially signed up... ($83 later) $30 registration fee and they prorated the rest of August. She's excited though and since we were a little worried about her being lonely and bored until school starts I'm glad we decided to go this direction. She told me as we were waiting for our dinner pizza she wishes it was every day and not just one day a week. The facility is HUGE and it's really interesting because there are gymnasts of all levels boys and girls are practicing. There were some older boys who were doing feats I've only seen on TV!
I called our sofa sales lady to find out where our end tables were that were supposed to be in the end of July. She said they are on order and won't be in until Sept. 12, so I'm going to the store this week to find ones that will be in. I hate not having furniture I paid cash for two weeks ago!
Tomorrow I believe I can register Maia for school and I postponed Evan's physical until tomorrow.
Hasta manana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment