Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Evan's first days in high school

As many of you know my Evan is a young man of few words. I start waking him up at 5:50, then go back upstairs at 6 to give him the 20 minute warning which usually gets him going. It was suggested to me that Evan take the bus because traffic around the high school is horrible in the morning and it's a good 15 minute ride just one way from our house.

He says he has six minutes to get to each class and seems to be making his way around fairly well. He says the halls are particularly chaotic between classes and he has yet to find his locker and it's almost Thursday.

One nice thing is that football is considered his 7th period class, so they practice during 7th period and it carries over until 3:30. Tomorrow is his first game. He's on the freshmen white team. I'll let you know how it goes.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love apple pop? We could get it occasionally at Margarittas, but here you can buy either Manzanitas of Sidral Mundial at any grocery store! I remember drinking it in Guadalajara when we spent a month there when I as 13. It is SO good! I'll have to take some back to PA with me when I visit! :)

No comments: