As you know, last night I joined the Chancel Choir at Windwood Presbyterian. If you'd like to check out their webpage it's www.windwoodpc.org. I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. I'm pretty sure I'm older than the music and worship guy Bob Vandervliet and the choir director Joe Akers, but after me everyone else is well..."older." There is a nice sound to them.
At Windwood they have what they call a "convergent" service meaning it's a mix of Praise and Worship and a traditional service. I'm singing alto and we actually spent a good 10-15 minutes doing warm ups including those darn lip trills that I can't stand. (Sorry Jim Overly) We are singing an original piece written by Bob called "Now is the Moment" for their fall kick off service.
We're to be there at 8:30 to go over the piece with the praise band, first service is at 9, second service is at 11, but the person I was sitting by (I can't remember her name) said that they usually leave after they sing for the 11 o'clock service.
It's exciting to not have to direct and sing three different parts and it's fun to sing alto because it's more challenging than soprano. A sweet older lady tried to talk me into playing in the Bell Choir as well. She seems as enthusiastic as Tottie was about the bells. Rehearsal is before choir, so I might try if I can get us eating and settled for the evening before then. And by the way yes, they do have a robe short enough for me! I'm not sure how many are in the choir, I'll try to take an educated count on Sunday.
Evan has his first scrimmage tomorrow! Woo hoo! I'm not sure how they're going to run it with both teams on the field, but I do know they're feeding all players from freshmen, JV and Varsity (300 total) Chik Fil A after the game!
Hasta manana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment