Monday, August 18, 2008

Long weekend

Well today is Monday and Eli I believe is finally over the hump of this virus. I say that because after only eating little nibbles and being sustained on chocolate milk, he ate 3/4 piece of toast without him crying that it hurt his teeth and mouth! I say it was a long weekend because Jeff and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. Eli would just cry and cry. No doubt because his mouth hurt, but nothing seemed to console him. Poor Maia who has been sleeping in our room actually went and slept on the couch a couple of nights because he was keeping her up. I told her if his restlessness continues that she should try sleeping in her room. I told Eli if he does a good job at lunch that we would take him to Chucky Cheese for dinner tonight.

We have a few things to wind up as far as school supplies. I'm done shopping for Evan with the exception of some new shoes which he is very particular about. Maia I got some tennis shoes and one outfit. She is super picky about colors, patterns, if there are buttons, etc. They start school next Monday! Elementary school starts an hour earlier here with the first bell ringing at 7:50 a.m. Evan will catch the bus at 6:20 a.m. and Maia will follow suit at 6:50!

We went to the Houston Premium Outlets Saturday to do some shopping. It is a relatively brand new mall, however we learned it can be miserable when it rains! It was a pretty successful trip and I imagine I'll be returning with Eli once the kids are in school.

Evan will continue football practice this week from 3 - 5. I'll go to register him tomorrow at 11 a.m. and he will have Camp Cougar (for new students) on Friday followed by a scrimmage at home against Magnolia at 4:30 p.m.

Still watching those Olympics. Boy I'll be bummed when they're not on anymore! :)

P.S. My piano bench DID make the trip. I guess it was in a box and Jeff unpacked it, because I came home from the store and there it was in front of my piano! Now I just need to buy a dining room table!

No comments: