Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall is here

Well you know you live in Texas when you think it's cold and it's 65 degrees. However I think the brief cold spell is over because it's supposed to be in the upper 70's again the rest of the week. I had to chuckle when Eli and I went to the mall on Tuesday. People were bundled up in boots, turtleneck sweaters and vests!

Tomorrow is Evan's last home football game. While I love football, it seems as though this season has gone on forever! I'm not sure if he'll go out for the team next year. I guess that remains to be seen this summer when he will have to decide if he's going to go back when camp starts or not. His final game will be next Wednesday at Klein High School.

We started our extended rehearsals today in choir for our Christmas program which will be mid-December. We will also have a rehearsal from 1 - 3 Sunday. I think I'm going to have lunch with one of the ladies who was one of the first to befriend me at the church after service because it's too far for her to go home and then come back for a one o'clock rehearsal.

I still need to buy my Halloween candy. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! Maybe I can get Eli to go to the store Friday morning. He has become a homebody, meaning he doesn't relish the idea of going out anywhere when we're at home...however I have things to do, and they often have to wait until the kids come home from school.

The cheapest I've seen gas so far is $2.12! Woo hoo!

No comments: