Sunday, October 12, 2008

Things to like

So it's been roughly three months since we arrived here in Texas. People always ask me, "So, do you like it here?" With the exception of the hurricane, my answer is yes. Of course I miss PA and Scottdale and my friends and family, but there are things to like here too.

  • Grocery stores, malls, Target, Wal-mart, gas stations and restuarants are all a stones throw away to get to a variety but never travel more than 15 minutes.
  • It's October and we're still wearing shorts, tanks and t-shirts because it's 80 during the day. It's cold if it gets to 60. :)
  • Mornings and evenings are cool and although it gets dark about 7:30 here, those times are comfortable enough to be outside and are enjoyable.
  • I'm starting to get to know my way around here although I don't go too far out of my comfort zones unless it's to an away football game.
  • I'm making some good friends and have met a lot of good people.
  • There is a lot more diversity meaning ethnicities, and I think that's good for the kids to experience.
  • I am really happy at the church I'm at from the groups I'm getting involved in to the pastor and staff at the church. The membership is 1400.

Probably my only complaint is the bugs....spiders (including black widows), centipedes, earwigs (or pincher bugs as we call them), ants, mosquitoes, cockroaches, beetles...most of those except the black widows we've had in the house. Thank God for Terminex!

Eli got his Batman costume this weekend. He is SO cute! I'll take a picture of him some time this week and post if for all to see! The best $16.99 I've ever spent!

More later this week! :)

No comments: