Halloween has come and gone. The time has come to set our clocks back for Daylight Savings and it's November! Where has this year gone? Let's see, since it became 2008, I left my job at the bank, we moved to Texas, and survived Hurricane Ike. If you ask me, that's plenty for this year. I'm hoping we'll be able to get back to Scottdale for Christmas. It's in the plans, but monetarily it might not be feasible. I know the kids are expecting to head "home" in December and I don't plan on disappointing them! In fact I've spent most of the weekend sending applications and resumes to jobs down here. I just know that it will have to be the right job (especially when it comes to pay) for me to put Eli into day care. Believe me, it isn't cheap here!
Halloween night was interesting here in our plan. People really get into the whole event with cul-du-sacs having their own little parties and big and small out trick or treating. The only unpleasant thing about the evening was the mosquitoes. I keep telling Jeff we should buy stock in bug repellent! Eli wasn't really interesting in the actual act of Trick or Treating so he stayed with us and handed out candy in the driveway. Maia went off with her friend Kaitlin and came back with a bag of goodies that of course we have been partaking in all day today!
Tomorrow I'll be singing with the choir and ASH, then we have a two hour rehearsal specifically to work on Christmas program music. I also got an email on Friday from the worship and arts director asking me to sing in a select group who will sing a Jazz rendition of A Christmas Song for the performances. Of course I said I would sing! :)
Another week is almost upon us. Evan's last football game of the season is Wednesday at Klein High School and his coach decided to move him from strong safety where he's played all season to free season. Don't ask me the logic in that, but if it means he'll play more during the game I'll be happy.
Hasta manana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment