Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Random stuff

Well we haven't had a repeat of the potty number two thing, so that might have been a "once in a lifetime" moment we won't have again in the near future. Sometimes Eli seems really interested in "being a big boy" and other times he is content to use the pull up that he is wearing. Sigh!

Maia had her first sleep over at a friend's house last Friday. She and her friend Kaitlin are the only two girls her age in this part of the plan. Maia has often asked why we moved to a place where there are all boys! Kaitlin lives just down the street and around the corner and is a very nice girl. She and Maia also sit together on the school bus.

We were invited to a neighborhood Halloween party down in Kaitlin's "neck o the woods" on Friday so we'll be heading down there around 6:30. It said to bring something to share and I'm either going to make Pumpkin Fluff (a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com) or get a cookie cake at the Great American Cookie Company in the mall. Trick or Treat will take place Friday evening, so I'm not sure how that is all going to work out.

Maia has already decided she wants a cookie cake for her birthday instead of a traditional birthday cake. She is planning on inviting 7-8 girls over the Saturday prior to her birthday (her birthday falls on a Monday this year) for a party, although I'm not sure what we're going to do here. We still have a few more weeks to plan.

Jeff, Maia, Eli and I went and looked at Open Houses in the plan on Sunday after I had church and we ate lunch. These are homes that have been built by the management company and are for sale. We liked two. One is rather pricey, but is absolutely gorgeous and the other is a little smaller (by 50 sq. feet) and is appealing because it is on a quieter street. That one seems more affordable and Jeff and I could see spending the next 30 years in either one. We would like to stay in the plan, but we really can't start the house shopping seriously until after the Christmas holidays. Considering the housing market hasn't been all that great nationally, she said she expects the plan to be filled by June. I believe her, because I've watched at least 10 houses spring up since I came here in July.

Eli's awake from his nap - that's all for now!

No comments: