Friday, October 10, 2008

A Week Goes By

I realized at some point today that I hadn't written in the blog since last weekend. Not much going on here, so I suppose with a "slow news week" I can pile everything into one post. The kids got out of school early today because of the long weekend. They have Columbus Day off on Monday. Evan went to Eagle Pass this weekend to spend time with his father, but will be home on Monday in time for practice at 2:30. Maia is going to her first birthday here tomorrow for a little girl in her class - Courtney. The first grading period finished last week and both of the kids are doing well in school, so I have no complaints. Maia signed up for an after school Poetry writing club that will meet on Thursdays. Evan's team lost this week 27-7, but was part of a great goal line stand that prevented the other team from scoring and he also made a tackle and was acknowledged for it! Of course mom did the "woo hoo" (the only one) but that's okay, I'm allowed. Eli has discovered Back at the Barnyard, a cute animated show on Nickelodeon where as soon as the farmer and his wife turn their backs, they stand up on two legs and talk like humans. Actually there is quite a bit of adult humor that would be lost on kids watching it. Have I mentioned Eli is also very much into Batman these days? Partially because of the series of Batman Lego toys they've been giving away in Happy Meals at McDonald's. He will tell you in no uncertain terms that he is going to be Batman for Halloween and will go trick or treating and say "Trick or Treat, smell my feet..." He learned that from a Halloween t-shirt I bought him at Wal-mart. Lately he's enjoying playing Batman while Daddy is the Joker or Maia is Batgirl and they fight crime together. I asked one of the neighbors and unfortunately Trick or Treat here in the plan is not nearly as organized as it was in Scottdale. The kids will come out Oct. 31, but not at any certain time, so this may prove interesting. I figure I'll buy a bunch of candy that I like (in the event there are leftovers) and if I run out I don't answer my door! Okay, that's all for now. :)

No comments: