Monday, October 20, 2008

Keeping up

Ok, so I've become terribly lax in my blogging in the past few weeks. I gave my friend Kelli instructions to remind me I need to blog! My phone buzzed and there it was, a text telling me I hadn't written since the 13th. I suppose part of it is that life is pretty much back to normal now that we have recovered from Hurricane Ike.


Evan had an excellent football game last week. They lost a close one at home against a tough Westfield team, but Evan was put in with the first string defense when the other "rover" was missing some opportunities. He saved six points in goal line extra point attempts with some excellent tackles. Okay, so he also let them score a touchdown because the kid he was defending against was a bout a foot taller than he is, so those six points were a wash, but it was definitely the best game he's had all season. I just hope the coaches recognize his effort as well.


I sang for the first time with A Servant's Heart or ASH or the praise team/band at Windwood this Sunday. I was basically sight singing one of the songs, but it was fun although the second service was extremely long so I spent from 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at the church which isn't horrible, but it makes for a long day. The first service I sang with what I call "the doo wop" girls, meaning there are about six or seven of us in two rows around mics. Then the main alto had to leave so Bob asked me to sing with his wife in the front. Woo hoo! Actually I was a little nervous about the main song because I had just learned it that morning...but all went well.

Maia has started to plan her birthday party. She decided to have some girls over, although I'm not sure what we're going to do at this point....I have a little time before I have to decide.

I'll try to write more this week! :)

No comments: