I'm sitting here on a Saturday afternoon watching Michigan lose to Illinois while my chicken is roasting in the oven and in a few minutes I'll put the stuffing in too. I'm really waiting until later tonight when I get to watch either Ohio and Jeannette's Terrelle Pryor take on Wisconsin sans their marching band who was suspended this week for hazing or USC. Either way I'll be happy.
The football week here in our family starts on Thursdays. That's the day Evan plays his games at 4:30. Last week they lost (I forget the score) to a good Klein Collins team. His team actually has some good plays and bright moments, however they tend to kill themselves with penalties and receivers who cannot catch the ball to save their lives. This Thursday we'll travel to Klein Oak. Of course going to games becomes a giant eating fest. It's usually pretty warm at 4:30 in the afternoon so we need drinks and Maia and Eli are hungry so they share a nachos and I grab a few when I can. I found prices at home games are ridiculous and I'll learn to take beverages with me and maybe some snacks. I know when Jeff, Maia, Eli and I went to the varsity game last Friday at Spring we easily spent $40 between admission $18, hot dogs, nachos, pop, peanuts, etc.
We've been lucky to have been able to see quite a few Steelers games this season even though we're in Houston. The Texans played their season opener at Pittsburgh so we saw that here, last week the Steelers played Monday night and this week is a Sunday night game both which are nationally televised on ESPN. Now my living room can be appropriately decorated since my mom sent me some black and gold Pittsburgh flags and a bag which I still need to figure out how I will utilize.
Tomorrow is church. I believe next week is the first Sunday the Bell Choir will play, so we'll be practicing like crazy on Wednesday. I think they were supposed to have started Christmas program music rehearsal last Wednesday when I missed. I've also spoken to the Worship and Arts Director about joining A Servant's Heart (ASH). It's their praise and worship band, and I simply told him if he needed an extra female vocal that I would like to be a part of it. The thing is, I'll have to rotate going to ASH and Bell Choir rehearsals because they are at the same time!
Ok, enough for now. I have a few minutes before I make the Harvard Beets and dinner is served!
Hasta manana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment