One of the reasons I rarely listen to "regular" radio stations is that I can't stand the what seems to be endless stream of commercials. I know they need to make money, but after a while the commercials seem as repetitive as the songs they play hour after hour. A few weeks ago I couldn't get into the car without hearing Jesse McCartney or Rhianna coming or going.
One of our vehicles is equipped with Sirius satellite radio and I think it is the greatest thing since I discovered it was okay to eat peel and eat shrimp and lobster with clarified butter is a taste of heaven. They play every kind of music you could want to hear and there is also news, talk radio and sports. My favorite is the "New Wave" station that plays all the songs of the 80's and 90's including college favorites like DePeche Mode, Yaz, Erasure, Talking Heads and Kajagoogoo. I also have programmed in Rock, Alternative and Pop. The DJ's come on sparingly to say something profound (LOL) and then they play music!
Now the only caveat about listening to satellite radio is that it is primarily uncensored. After all didn't Howard Stern go to satellite after he was banned on regular radio stations? So you have to watch what you're listening to (particularly when there are young ears in the car) because except for a few cases, songs are played in their non-radio versions, and I'll tell you I've heard songs I've sung along to before and have heard lyrics I've never heard before!
Well it's late and I have to wake up in five hours to get Evan up for school. By the way, his team lost 22-12 to a JV team from Concordia Lutheran. Evan played only one series but he made the best of his time out there getting credit for a tackle and almost making an interception.
Found out Jeff will be going out of town Tuesday - Friday of next week for a trade show in Baltimore! So next week may be a little hectic.
Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment