I noticed it's around the 70's in PA and it was very strange watching the Steelers game in Pittsburgh vs. the Houston Texans, knowing your thousands of miles away. Believe it or not I can't find any Steelers merchandise here, so I asked my friend Kelli to hunt down a flag for me if she can. Anyway, when I went to pick up Evan from football practice my car thermometer read 100! So yes, it's still hot here. I cracked up at the people in Green Bay dressed in long sleeves, hoodies and jackets for the game Sunday at Lambeau!
I'm not sure if Hurricane Ike is headed this way or not. From what I read, officials are looking to evacuate the Rio Grande Valley up to Corpus Christi. For those of you who don't know, McAllen where Jeff and I spent a week considering a move there a few years ago is right in the Valley! He also still talks about moving even further south and I'll remind him about Hurricane season every time! I've also told him we're not going anywhere until Maia graduates from high school!
This evening was parent orientation at Maia's school which I would chalk up to a 26 year old teacher talking to a roomful of parents like we're children about merit and demerit systems, the text books they are using for science and math (she teaches those subjects exclusively), blah, blah, blah. Or in my mind - a total waste of time! I suppose it was beneficial to someone in that room!
I did get to see a few of the boys Maia has mentioned from school. Luis (who supposedly likes Maia) and Michael (one of her classmates). Afterwards Jeff and Eli went home since Eli was acting a little wild for a restaurant, and Maia, Evan and I went for a late dinner at Red Robin.
Evan has an away game Thursday and I have my evening of bell choir and choir at church for a few hours tomorrow. I'm going to try to convince Eli to get a haircut tomorrow! Wish me luck! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment