Ok, so I'm a stay at home mom now. One of my many daily joys is cooking 90% of our meals (at least dinners) at home. There are our basic "Solomon family" meals such as Mac and Cheese, fish sticks and fries; some kind of pasta, garlic bread and homemade meatballs; roast, potatoes and carrots. But one gets tired of the same old so I subject my family to recipes that sound good to me but don't always work out.
I've been cooking quite a bit from a Taste of Home cookbook my mom gave me for Christmas last year. Yesterday was chicken Florentine "panini" sandwiches, and I really like a recipe for antipasto salad that I made for a church function before we left. I'm also a fan of the website allrecipes that I've been using a resource for years. Tonight it's sweet and sour pork and Friday it's either Italian beef sandwiches or beef stroganoff. Tomorrow before Evan's game I'm making some Wedding Soup that will be fashioned after my mother in laws soup which I will never be able to make the same!
Just call me Betty Crocker!
On another note, Jeff and I are pretty sure we are not interested in buying this house in June at the end of our lease although I know our landlady would like us to. In living here there are many things I would change and don't care for about the house. There are many plans within the school district including some older ones that are appealing because of the trees and "homey" feel to the neighborhood.
Oh, and if you have any easy and family friendly recipes you'd like me to try on my family - just send them my way! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment