It seems that we are getting inundated by bugs outside and they're making their way inside. I heard some people call them "love bugs" because they're flying around mating although I've seen some single ones. They're hanging out by the door, are plastered to the front of my car and splattered on my windshield. I know we're not the only ones either. When we walked out of Chik Fil A today after lunch I took notice of the bugs smashed on the front of other cars. Occasionally they make it into our house which me being unsympathetic to bugs in my house I have a whole bunch of dead ones in my foyer which I'll have to sweep up after dinner.
They aren't the only bugs that we have visit us. There are these weird "pincher" bugs. We're not sure what they are but they look nasty. They can also swim (if you just drop them in the toilet) so you have to squish them before you flush them. There are also centipedes and have I mentioned the spiders? Ew and squish!
As you know Maia and Jeff are real nature lovers. Jeff is always catching something outside like toads, frogs, preying mantis and lizards to name a few. Did I mention he brings them in the house like show and tell too? Ugh!
Have I ever mentioned that we have garbage pick up twice a week here in Cypress? I imagine it keeps the critters down if garbage isn't sitting around in garbage cans and houses for more than a few days.
Gustav seems to have come and gone with it down to a category one and still over New Orleans, but Hannah now is currently over the Bahamas. We haven't had rain yet although the skies are cloudy today. We'll see how the weather pans out with the rest of the week's activities such as Maia's gymnastics tomorrow and Evan's first home game on Thursday.
Back to our schedules tomorrow. More then! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment