I'll admit that I've stuck to my little corner of Houston, but why go anywhere else? Within 10 minutes there is a Wal-mart, Kroeger, HEB (my new favorite grocery store), Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, Justice, mall, Red Robin, IHOP, Whataburger, and Sonic, and that's just to name a few places! :) Before we got our internet and cable hooked up we discovered the RedBox DVD rental. You use your Debit or Credit card and rent movies for $1 as long as they're returned the next day by 9 p.m. They're recent movies too. So far we've seen College Road Trip, Step It Up 2 and The Bee Movie. So you can find these red boxes anywhere from Wal-mart and outside of Walgreens to inside McDonald's!
Last Saturday I drove three hours to take Evan for his week with his father Mike who now lives in Eagle Pass, TX. It's a small border town west of San Antonio. My hubby knowing me as well as he does designated the rated third outlet mall in the country for us to meet. It was a relatively boring an uneventful three-hour trip, and after our niceties and goodbyes I headed off for shoppers heaven - Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body, Gap, Polo, Coach, J Crew and I didn't even get to everything because somehow outlet shopping loses its appeal when it's 100 degrees out. I'll be making the trip again this Sunday to pick him up.
We haven't been incredibly adventuresome in the dining out category. However we did try a local pizza place the manager at Bank of America suggested called Loccatelli's. It was super busy, (an obviously popular place) and it was some good food! :) We'll be going back again for sure! Vietnamese food seems to be popular here, so we'll have to try it at some point and there are several Mexican restaurants such as Lupe Tortilla, Los Cucos and Pappasitos which look to be worth trying. We've also been to Sam's Boat (a favorite of Jeff's) and Logan's which is a lot like Texas Roadhouse but without the dead things on the wall.
More tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OK ... so when I come down, we need to make the 3 hour trip to the outlet mall .. and I LOVE LOGAN's steakhouse ..... It sounds as if you've quite busy. We miss everyone and I can't wait to catch up in a few weeks. Tell the kids I said HI .. Kel Kel misses them ... Luv ya
Post a Comment