It's Thursday and already not without mishap. Let's go back to yesterday first. The movers came. I can still hear the sound of ripping packing tape! Three guys, two younger and an older one. I showed them what they were to take and they went at it. Now that they're gone and I look around my house I see a million things I could have sent but didn't. Sigh!
The only "real" problem we ran into was they couldn't get all of the screws out of our bed so that is staying...I'd like to blame it on the fact that they didn't bring their tools (they arrived in a rented Penske truck) and I had to go back and forth several times to my mom's house to borrow various screwdrivers.
They were done by 12 which meant I could get to my hair appointment (last one with Chad!). Later that evening Evan, Eli and I headed out to his last baseball game with the Southmoreland Recreation League. It was the championship game in the Hempfield Area Athletic Association Pony playoffs and we were playing the other Southmoreland team who was undefeated in the regular season! We lost the first game Sunday, but being in the winners bracket they had to play us again and we came to win and did so 9-2. So both Maia and Evan ended their baseball and softball careers (at least here) in winning fashion! :) Afterwards one of the mothers organized a going away party for Evan (and the family) complete with cake, card, team photo and frame and signed baseball.
We came home, took over Grandma's TV for a few minutes to watch the remaining 30 minutes of So You Think You Can Dance, and then retired to our furniture-less house where we all slept on various mattresses and cushions on the livingroom floor. I ended up going upstairs at 4 a.m. since there was no room for me!
Today we were getting ready for Jeff's arrival when he called to tell me he didn't have a seat on the plane from Dulles (D.C.) to Pittsburgh and wouldn't be arriving until 11 p.m....
That's all for today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment