Saturday, July 19, 2008

Heading to Houston

Tomorrow we leave for Houston. Jeff and Maia left for Texas around 10 a.m. They got a later start than they had hoped because after keeping the cat Midnight in all night, they decided to let him out thinking he would come when called...well that didn't happen so they left without him after I made arrangements to fly with him tomorrow.

My in-laws picked us up from Scottdale and Evan and I went to our last concert in PA together, the Projekt Revolution Tour at the Post Gazette Pavilion in Burgettstown. It was an all day event starting at 2 and going until 11.

A smaller stage featured bands such as Armor For Sleep (saw them before and didn't like them, seeing them again didn't change my mind), Hawthorne Heights, 10 years, and Atreyu. I liked the last band, but because Evan and I had mosh pit tickets and wanted to be in the front, we stayed for one song and made a bee line for the gates.

To make a long story short - he and I stood in front for six hours. Street Drum Corps, Ashes Divide, Busta Rhymes, The Bravery, Chris Cornell and Linkin Park played. Evan managed to snag two guitar picks and when Chester came down into the crowd - he was holding on to Evan! Evan's comment was he wanted him to let go of his hand and he was way too close! LOL Overall Evan and I decided it was the best concert experience we had! Ironically, Pittsburgh was the second stop on the tour and they will close the tour in Houston Aug. 24...I'm tempted to get tickets! :)

So then Evan and I drove to Scottdale to hopefully retrieve Maia's cat. We found him and made it back to Monroeville around 2 a.m.

Today has been spent relaxing, repacking and entertaining Eli. Tomorrow we head to the airport around 8 a.m. and will be in Houston by 2:30!

1 comment:

EversonDuo said...

Mar,

Its only been 24 hours and I miss my friend already!!!! YES, we still have text, email, and phone ... its not the same!!! Hopefully all is well in Texas, staying cool and enjoying your new house. See you in a few weeks mf, Luv ya, Kel