I'm going to make this relatively short and sweet because I need to get some sleep since I'm getting up at 5:30 to get ready for my first day at work, get the kids up and out the door by 6:45. I've accepted a part-time teaching position at a small private school about 16 miles away each way. Don't be fooled by the distance because it can take you an hour to go that far in Houston! I think I'm going to try staying away from the tollway and see how it goes.
As I think I mentioned I have been applying for jobs, but the circumstances had to be right. Meaning it had to pay enough for me to put Eli in some kind of daycare and make a little money after that! I've sent what seems like a million resumes out via Internet and got a call Friday afternoon that the principal would like to interview me that evening at 6. After leaving hasty instructions with Jeff how to make cheese steak sandwiches, I headed to the school where I was interviewed by the principal and two board members.
The school is small, with no more than 15 students in each class from Pre-K to 12th. It kind of reminds me of Mt. Carmel at home. I was basically offered the job on the spot, but told them I would speak to my husband about it and consider the salary they offered. Probably the selling point was they had a local woman who would watch Eli for 5 hours (7:30 - 12:15) for $2 an hour! She and her husband live right across the street from the school. Once Eli is potty trained he can come with me to the school for the pre-K program at half the tuition cost.
My mom says I luck out at finding jobs, but I believe God sends you on a journey and He knows the path you're to travel in life. I went today to get some of my books to teach 7th and 8th grade English and so I jump in feet first tomorrow morning. Anyone know a course on lesson planning for Dummies? The curriculum is set, and actually the principal and vice principal are very nice and happy to help when they can. More tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment