Sunday, November 23, 2008

A new week

Ok, so the Islamic school is behind me. I found out Thursday that I got the job at CyFair Magazine and I went in to the office in Katy to fill out paperwork, take a tour of the office and have some orientation with the Assistant Editor. I'll basically start right away since they are preparing their spring issue which comes out in February. I'll be doing some editing and proofreading and next week I'll start heading out to events to cover the magazine. I'm expected to go to one to three events a week, I'm thinking I'll work on a happy medium of two unless there are three I just HAVE to get to! Primarily it's networking and getting people to know me so hopefully in time they can start giving me story ideas in the community. Ah, it's so nice to be back in my niche again!

I bought our turkey for dinner Thanksgiving yesterday. The smallest one I could find was a 14 pound turkey for 4 1/2 people. I tried to just by the breast, but Maia was insistent I get the whole turkey. She is also the reason I ended up buying a cheesecake yesterday too. So we'll have our usual of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, beets, green beans, rolls, cranberries and pumpkin pie. At least I'll have left overs this year unlike previous years when we would go to my mother-in-laws!

The kids go to school only today and Tuesday and they'll be off the rest of the week. Maia will still have gymnastics tomorrow and they have moved choir practice from Wednesday to tomorrow evening, so it will be a busy day.

No comments: