So America has elected a 44th president. Jeff and I didn't vote - we're not registered here in Texas and we weren't forward thinking enough to get absentee ballots from Pennsylvania. I guess we had enough on our minds in between not having our belongings for a month then Hurricane Ike. This evening in church for rehearsal it is apparent that we live in Republican land, although I saw a few Obama signs here and there in my travels, we subtly prayed for the leadership of our country and it was commented that the outcome of yesterday is part of God's plan...
It was also reported and then later confirmed by Evan that there was a fight at the high school today between students when one black student brought an Obama sign and something was said by another student and a fight ensued. Luckily Evan missed it. The rumor was that the campus then went on lock down, but Evan said that wasn't the case. Maia said they held a mock election at her school on Monday and McCain won, however her class grouping (three homerooms) voted for Obama. Maia's music teacher who is also my worship and arts director's wife said some of the kids in the school were treating each other differently too. It is true that the way children vote particularly at that age are influenced by their parent's political affiliation, hopefully their actions in school will not filter into the streets.
Today was the last game for Evan and they lost 14-7 I believe to Klein High School. I could go on about the questionable coaching and player decisions, but I'm actually just glad for the season to be over. I don't have to pick Evan up from school Monday - Wednesday which I'm pretty sure will save me at least $20 a week in gas although now that it's down to $1.97 here and with my Kroger card I paid $1.87 at the pump today. I have a feeling he'll go out for the team next year, and he plans to do track this spring.
We found out Maia won't be able to have a gymnastics birthday party because they are booked through December, so she'll have to think of something else. We'll need to get the invitations out next week. We signed her up for a skills competition Nov. 14 and a floor skills camp on the 22nd. If you ask me these camps and other things are just money makers for the school, but I figure Maia should try them out at least once to see if she likes it.
Well it's late and I need to be up in almost five hours to wake Evan up for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment