Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lots of stuff


Well let me start by saying earlier this week my computer crashed. Jeff resurrected it by wiping out the hard drive, but not before making a back up thank goodness. However what was NOT saved were all of my email contacts I had since the reunion and more importantly work contacts. I also had to buy a new Microsoft Office suite (originally procured from my sister) and downloaded my printer program from the Internet. I don't have my digital camera program anymore, but realized I can still download my pictures as long as I can connect my USB. The computer is 6 years old and there's a possibility I may have to buy a new one here down the road.

This evening I went to my first production meeting for High School Musical 2 that I was asked to be stage manager for Houston's Center Stage. The production is being presented in conjunction with the Lone Star College Cy-Fair Campus where the rehearsals and shows will be held. There are a gazillion people involved in the production side. A producer, director, asst. director, music director, choreographer, set design person, sound, lighting, stage manager (me), props, costumer and three publicity people. I was taking notes during the meeting, but I about fell over when they said the budget for the set alone was $2,000 and between $800 and $1000 for the props! I have no idea what I spent for AAFC's HSM a few years ago, but I don't think not including royalties we spent over $1,000 total! I was told I'm the captain of the ship and I'll even have an assistant! Which means I'm not sure what the director and asst. director do - but I'll just tell you now I'm not sure about her (the director's) vision - but I'll keep my mouth shut. We'll see how it goes...we have auditions May 8 and 9 with callbacks on the 11th. Then rehearsals begin on May 16th and we rehearse four days a week until we open July 17th for 8 shows including two matinees.

As usual it's late. I'll post some more pictures tomorrow. I finally got Eli to get his hair cut last week! He's so cute!

No comments: