Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

So today was our first Easter away from Pennsylvania, but a busy one at that at least for me. I had thoughts of skipping the first service at 8 a.m., but then I realized I would be shorting the bell choir, so I was out of the house by 7 a.m., stopped at Wal-Mart for some doughnuts since everyone was to bring something breakfast-like for everyone participating in the three services. Our services were 8, 9:30 and 11. Of course our service was on a much grander scale than anything we had in Scottdale. Maundy Thursday was complete with a string quartet. Today we had a brass section, lots of singing and of course bell playing. The 9:30 service was standing room with extra seating in the two parlors and filling the wings. My family made it to the 11 o'clock service, and I was very proud of Eli that he behaved so well.

The Easter Bunny made an appearance Saturday night after everyone went to bed, much like Santa Claus. He hid the eggs and set out the baskets. I knew I wouldn't be around for the "big hunt," so I prepared Jeff with instructions of what people should be wearing and what time to leave the house.

It rained like crazy just before the 11 o'clock service began with thunder and lightening, but by this afternoon it was sunny and beautiful and Jeff, Eli and I were out washing our cars in the driveway!

Maia is having her friend Katylin stay over tonight since they don't go back to school until Tuesday, and at 12:20 a.m. it's time for me to head to bed!

No comments: