Sunday, June 7, 2009

Moving in - busy as ever

One view of the pool.
A view of the kitchen.
Evan relaxing on the floor before we "officially" moved.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding when you said I hadn't blogged in a long time! Oops! So we made the big move this weekend. Last Saturday Jeff got the keys to the house. Tuesday I was here to let the cable guy in because you know you can't be without cable for the TV and Internet! Evan also got out of school early that day and had two of his friends come over to swim.

I guess the chlorine was pretty strong so the next day when we took Maia's friend Kaitlyn with us I stopped at Wal-mart and bought goggles and some rings to float on. The pool isn't too big, but it's big enough for us to cool off and enjoy. The thermometer in my car read 93 today.

We actually had all of June to stay in the other house, but Evan will be leaving for two weeks with Mike on the 19th, and frankly we needed Evan to help lift stuff with Jeff in and out of the U-Haul. Not to mention I don't think he wanted to leave on house and come home to another after two weeks.

So Jeff rented a 14 ft. truck Saturday and while I was at play rehearsal with Eli and Maia in tow, he and Evan packed up the truck and unloaded it twice!

Our "new" rental is within walking distance to the high school so Evan will be a walker next year. I signed a special waiver for Maia to stay at her school at Northpointe and will have to drive her and pick her up every day.

By the way, Maia had all A's for her final grades for her fifth grade year. Hard to believe she will be in sixth grade and Evan will be a sophomore next year. I have yet to receive his grades for the year, but I expect them to be A's and B's.

Back to the house. It is a one story on a corner lot, three bedroom, 2 bath, one pool, spa (jacuzzi) in the master bath tub. It is indeed smaller than the house we came from, but I'm so happy I don't have to walk up and down stairs anymore! I have no doubt that this will be a year long stay as was the last one with the hopes of buying next year!

I am up to my eyeballs in rehearsal for High School Musical 2 with Houston Center Stage/Lone Star College Cy-Fair where I am stage manager. We had auditions May 8 and 9 and started rehearsals May 16. I am there Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday until we close July 27. I'm already planning a family get away to anywhere after it's over!

We brought Furby last night after we were done moving and brought Midnight and Franklin today! With the exception of clearing out the refrigerator. All I have to do is clean things up at the old house and turn in the keys Friday to Renee our soon to be former landlord.

More soon! :)

No comments: