Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catching Up

Okay - well my only excuse is it's been a busy summer so far. We are still in production for High School Musical 2 which has proved to be unlike any show I've been involved in before. To date, the whole experience has reminded me why I never did summer shows in Scottdale and why I retired from the theater last spring! Not all, but a core of kids have no focus and are really making progress slow. We have three weeks until opening and not all of the numbers are choreographed and what the director considers blocking is "done", but the cast doesn't really know it because there has been no repetition. After our show closes on the 24th, I will probably not stage manage another show, will not work with this director and will look for an opportunity maybe next year to be IN a show instead.

Evan has been "on vacation" with Mike for a little over a week now. They are traveling today to Connecticut to see more of his family. Thankfully Evan will fly home Thursday.! :) It will be the first Fourth of July he will spend with us in a very long time!

Work has been busy for me getting things ready for the Fall issue of the magazine. My Dine Out section has been particularly challenging. I don't know if it's because the photographer I assigned it to handled it poorly or what, but I've never had the issue of restaraunts not wanting want amounts to FREE advertising! Now we're coming up on the holiday weekend and photos are due by July 6!

It's been really hot the last few weeks. Nothing less than the mid-90's with some days with a heat index of 105! Thank goodness for air conditioning and the pool!

Okay - This was a short update but one none the less. More later.

No comments: