Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting regular

No I'm not talking about prune juice and fiber! I used to be very faithful at this blogging thing and lately I've fallen off a bit. Not that there's nothing happening in our lives, I just have to find the time to write or remember to.

The membership class went well. To my surprise there were close to 20 people there. Some had been raised Presbyterian and were simply joining because they moved across town, but others were from Episcopal, Catholic, Lutheran and Baptist backgrounds. I don't think little old CUP had 20 people join the church in all the years I was there since my return. Anyway, we are already officially new members, but will be received during the 11 o'clock service on the 1st of March. Then, Bob (our worship and arts director) asked me to sing during the service that day as well - yikes! I'm not sure what I'm going to sing yet. Some of it hinges on if Bob will be around. He is currently in New Jersey visiting his mom who is in the hospital with complications from stage 4 cancer.

I'm reading a really interesting book. It's called The Shack by William Paul Young. Mom - has Book Club tackled this one yet? It was recommended by a friend of mine from church who read it and another lady in the church is reading it as well and once I'm done we're going to have coffee and discuss it. Without giving too much away for those of you who want to read it - it's about Mack who is dealing with the death of his youngest daughter (who was abducted and murdered) and how God comes to him to help him deal with his loss, pain, and his faith.

Evan will turn 15 this Sunday. It's hard to believe my baby is close to driving and three years from going off to college! Mike will come on on Friday to spend some time with him until Sunday about noon since it's a good drive back to Eagle Pass for him. I guess we'll have our family celebration Sunday afternoon and evening.

I think that's it for now. The kids and I are looking forward to heading home to PA in a few weeks! :)

1 comment:

RelaxRelapse said...

I believe this blog is absolutely terrible. For that I have a list of 3 facts about it.

1: If Fail Blog had a list of the top 100 Failed Blogs. It would be this one.

2: If this was featured on Oprah no one would come.

3: If I had any more ideas to make fun of this it would probably go hear. It would probably say something bad about your blog though.

PS: This isn't Evan...