Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter in Houston

Now you know I love and miss you all, but you can't beat winters in Houston and I'm sure my sister in Florida would concur. I can feel my blood thinning after living here six months. I'm officially cold when it gets to 45 here! Today it is only 62, but the sun is shining and there's the slightest breeze. It's so comfortable I can just wear a light sweater and darn it I still wear my flip flops! As we were watching the Steelers playoff game yesterday evening and I watched the snow flakes fall and thought of my friend Kelli freezing her tushy off in her awesome seats - I remembered how much I enjoy watching games in the comfort of my home and how miserable I was when Jeff and I went to one of the last games at Three Rivers and we left after the third quarter because it was so frigidly cold. I believe we ended up at a bar across the river at Station Square until the game ended then we ate at my favorite Chinese Restaurant there.

We're in the final stages of putting together the Spring Cy-Fair Magazine issue that will be out on stands Feb. 15. While the entire issue isn't mine from inception to finish, it will be exciting to see the finished product. Summer will be all me and I'm already compiling a list of stories. I'm really enjoying the job so far. Tomorrow I'm going to a networking luncheon then I'll head to a major Chamber event at 11:30.

We resumed bell choir rehearsal last week and will have regular rehearsal this week for choir. We will also have our music ministry Christmas party this Saturday evening at a home that is supposed to be just fantastic! Jeff is going and it will be the first time we're leaving Evan in charge with Maia and Eli for a few hours....yikes!

Well the kids should be walking in the door soon. :)

No comments: